Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Visions of Ransom Lake by Marcia Lynn McClure

Shouldn't your favorite book be on your personal classics list? If you knew me personally this book being one of my favorites might surprise you.

I was extremely sick throughout my pregnancies and had some pretty downer days. Someone let me read these books and they were the best, well-needed escape from a crumby reality. What's really funny is that Jared would read to me sometimes to help me fall asleep and he would get wrapped up in the stories too.

After our first daughter was born, Jared and I attended a Booksellers Convention and literally bumped into Marcia Lynn McClure. Jared was so star-struck that it made Marcia laugh. Never before had a guy been so familiar with her over-the-top romance novels. To this day, I read the gushy parts to Jared and we laugh and think of Marcia.

I love all of Marcia's books because the hero's are always chivalrous and proper and the heroines are always naive and innocent. They are exciting, fun to read, and full of life. Vision's of Ransom Lake is one of my favorites because Vaden has a unique sense of adventure and an ability to find something intriguing in everything. Marcia and her books will always be special to our family and I can't wait until my girls are old enough to share the experience of reading these happy books together.

No comments:

Post a Comment