Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Review - The Chosen by Chaim Potok

I found this book fascinating. Right off, it made me realize how little I know about the Jewish culture and religion. I had a lot of words to look up. I also learned a lot about life during World War II and how things unfolded for an American Citizen of that time. There was a lot of information that will stick with me better than any history textbook reading.

There are a lot of issues to address and contemplate while reading this story. A couple that stood out to me were the need for silence and the need for communication. And how to balance the two. Family relationships and friendship. The significance of our short little lives in eternity.

I will most likely read this with my kids when they are old enough to have quality discussions about it. I definitely enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment