Friday, June 10, 2011

Swimming

We were going to put Kendi in swimming lessons this year, but decided that we wanted to teach her everything that we are able to ourselves. Jared works at home and is able to take time off in the middle of the day. We got a family pass for one month and Jared and Kendi have gone almost every single day to the pool.
They only spend about 45 minutes or an hour in the pool and I'm very impressed with how well she is doing. Kendi used to struggle to even put her nose under water and now she dives right in. Getting her goggles really made her love being in and under the water.
She swims faster than me. She is an aggressive kicker and I think swimming may become one of her stronger talents. She floats on her back when she gets tired.
I think going consistently everyday has helped her get comfortable in the water. Jared and Kendi absolutely love spending this time together everyday. I'm so proud of her and I love seeing a permanent grin on her face the whole time she is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment