Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Declaration of Independence

I hate to admit this, but I've never read the Declaration of Independence all the way through before. My cop-out excuse is that I am a product of public education. One more reason why we want to home-school our kids. Shouldn't this be included in our history lessons? Maybe even toward the top of the list?

This is what I learned. I always assumed that the Declaration of Independence was meant to be a great inspirational, motivational document. It is those things and more. It lists all the facts against the King of Britain from whom they wanted to become independent. It certainly isn't sugar coated either.

I knew there would be some words to look up, but after writing them all down I didn't realize there would be two whole pages worth. So I definitely learned a lot from reading this and recommend everyone read it and study it for themselves. There is a lot we can learn from what happened backed then. I couldn't help but think that there were some things that remind me of what is going on in our government right now. Now go read it - Click Here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment