Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

I must say that it felt strange to read modern literature after reading so many classics. It felt extremely short, it was easy to read and I understood every word which is not what I'm used to anymore. All in all, it is a good book, I really did enjoy it and I wouldn't mind my kids reading this when they are old enough to be interested which is hard to say about a lot of modern literature lately.

I try not to spoil any of the books when I review them, but I must say a little about the ending and I'll be careful. It kind of bugged me. In this book, the characters go to extremely great lengths and then in the end they don't seem to be very careful about their choice. Everything they cared so much about that kept them going doesn't seem to matter in the end. I'm sure what happens has a lot to do with how the last book is going play out, but what happens here doesn't seem logical to me, but maybe it's just me. Haha, that seems very vague, but if you've read the book I hope you know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. I agree at the end they didn't seem to care and once they got to the rising it ended too quickly. Hopefully the third makes it all better??

    ReplyDelete