Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

I cannot believe how much I enjoyed reading this book. It completely took me off guard. I didn't really know what to expect, but this was just as fascinating as any novel I've read.

Benjamin Franklin reminds me a lot of my own husband, Jared. He just took off one day when he was young and didn't tell anyone and had no plan as to how things were going to work out well. That is totally something Jared would do. Not to mention the way they both enjoy a good debate and sometimes get a bit carried away with it. It was so fun to talk to Jared about the things Benjamin Franklin would do to try to control his pride and not come off domineering.

I think it is interesting that he tried so hard to do a lot of things anonymously yet today he is a household name. And he believed strongly in having great moral character. It gets a little long toward the end, but I knew there was his experimenting with electricity to look forward to. Unfortunately, he didn't write as much about that as I wish he would have.

This book is adventurous, character building and educational. Everyone should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment