Friday, October 28, 2011

Kendi's Love

Today was Kendi's Day to pick what we did for Homeschool. I love doing this because it lets me know what she is really interested in and wants to learn more about. She wanted to do cooking. We made pizza. I know that sounds like an overwhelming thing to make, but this recipe is so simple and fast. We even did this with a whole bunch of neighborhood kids one day. It's an easy bake oven recipe that I found online when Kendi started showing interest in baking a few years ago.

Each person gets a bowl and mixes together 2 Tbsp flour, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1 dash of salt and 1 tsp margarine, until crumbly.

Then slowly stir in 2 1/4 tsp milk. Roll dough into a ball and then smash into a greased pan.

Top with pizza sauce and cheese. I baked ours in a regular oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Next time I will bake them another 5 minutes, but these turned out fine.
I would show Kendi what to do as I measured out my ingredients and then she would measure out her own. I showed her the difference between Tablespoons and teaspoons and how to recognize them on the recipe. It was fun to have her make her own pizza 100% by herself.
Aydri's pizza was much smaller than Kendi's because most of her flour ended up on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment