Monday, August 1, 2011

Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke

I've always liked the movies that have been made after this series of books by Janette Oke. From my experiences with movies made after books, the books are usually so much better. That made me interested in reading this book, hoping that it would have more to it than the movie. I was a little surprised at how different the original story was. I can't help but think that the movie improved on the original story. I like how in the movie the characters seem more intelligent. The movie also has more religious meanings throughout and more relationship development between Marty and Missie because of her being so much older in the movie. I don't buy a lot of movies, but this series would be something worth having. As for the books, I probably won't use them in my home-school.

No comments:

Post a Comment