Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dinotopia by James Gurney

I was so excited for this book.  It really is one of the best children's books out there and it has been very successful and it's hard to find a good deal on these books.  When we started this book we had just finished The Wizard of Oz, which the kids absolutely loved.  I thought these were extremely similar books.  They both had great artwork and an adventure to a land unknown.  For some reason my kids were bored with Dinotopia.  They couldn't wait to finish it and groaned every time we read from it.  I would catch Kendi wanting to look at the pictures though.  I'm thinking that I should have waited until the kids could read this book to themselves.  It is written like a journal without dialog so it isn't very fun when read aloud. There are about 20 other Dinotopia books and I think we'll wait until the kids are old enough to read them on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment