Friday, September 30, 2011

Treasure Island

I really, really enjoyed reading this book, which surprised me. I remember picking it up as a kid and setting it down after a page or two. I think that may have been a revised version for children though. It makes me think that books should be read in their original text, the way they were meant to be.

There is something about the way this book is written. Before I knew it I had read 100 pages and when I thought about it during the day it felt more like I had been watching a movie. Sometimes I would fall asleep reading it at night and then dream about it too. This is the kind of book I get lost in.

Jared and I spent a very long time sitting in a restaurant booth talking about this book. We sat there way after we finished our meals. That is one our favorite things to do. People would be surprised to see me doing 99% of the talking while on a date with my husband. I've got the Disney movie coming on Netflix so we can watch it together too.

There is something nostalgic about pirates and sailing ships and treasure. Kendi is obsessed with them. We even play pirates every Saturday while we do our chores. She can't wait to read this book, but I will have to explain to her that it is not such a happy story throughout and it gets gruesome. It will be interesting to see if she loves it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment